Inklings Designs

Life in the South:

The adventures of three sisters: Gracie Hope, Faith and other things to make you smile.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Woodsies of the Forest

There is a brand new category at Inklings Designs. "Woodsies" of the Forest.

My Husband brought back some petrified wood from the Petrified Forest of Arizona on one of his trips out West. Being a lover of "old things", AKA Fossils, I found them pretty awesome. In doing some research on petrified wood I found that unlike other types of fossils which are typically impressions of compressions, petrified wood is a three-dimensional representation of the original organic material. I guess that is why there is so much texture to it which really appeals to me.

I have paired the wood with gemstones like Carnelian and Agate to make these whimsical forest warriors. Joined together along with mixed metals they take on their different personalities. You can find them hanging out at: www.inklingsdesigns.com . They are pendants or brooches. You decide how you want to wear them.













No comments: